Thursday, April 15, 2010

Tofu Stir-Fry

This is from Wednesday! I didn't have time to post it, so here it is:

I know this sounds unappetizing for most of us, myself included-at first. I am not a vegetarian, far from it. My future sister-in-law loves it however, and she cooked me this wonderful mushroom tofu stir-fry when I stayed with them. I never actually thought I would attempt to make it, but then I ran across tofu at Kroger and was amazed at the price! Haha :) I’m a bargain shopper, and I had no idea that tofu was so inexpensive! Justin was out of town (he would never try tofu!), so I thought I’d try it out. Here’s a super easy recipe I came up with, inspired by my future sister-in-law:

Ingredients:

3 oz. Tofu (about ¼ of a block)

1- 6oz package of bean sprouts or 1 can

1 tps Olive oil

Fresh or Frozen Vegetables (I used broccoli, cauliflower, and mushrooms)

Water or Vegetable broth

Salt & Pepper

Steps:

1. Pour olive oil in sauté pan and set on medium high

2. Cut Tofu into smaller rectangles and begin to brown in pan

3. Add bean sprouts and vegetables

4. Stir frequently ensuring that the Tofu doesn’t burn, but rather browns nicely

5. Cover with lid, if possible, add a little vegetable broth (about 3-4 tpsn) and let vegetables soften

6. Add salt & pepper to taste!

That’s all! The bean sprouts take place of the noodles or rice, making this a simply, extremely healthy recipe! And it's surprisingly filling. Of course you have to like bean sprouts, and be willing to be adventurous with tofu if you’ve never had it before. Let me know what you think!


No comments:

Post a Comment