Thursday, April 15, 2010

Turkey Quesadilla with Side Salad


I came home starving from class tonight and almost made some canned ravioli for an easy meal. (Afterall, Justin wasn’t home, so no one to enjoy dinner with.)But they are sodium filled and basically empty calories, and since I’m trying to be better about food choices I regretted to fall victim to an easy solution. So, I blankly stared into our fridge hoping for some kind of inspiration. All I saw was deli meat and some lettuce, and thought I didn’t want to eat the identical sandwich I had for lunch. Then I saw the lonely tortillas in the back, and my idea! I didn’t have any sliced chicken breast, but lunch meat is no different, right?!

Ingredients:

1 flour tortilla

2-3 slices deli meat (I just Sara Lee Turkey)

¼ cup shredded cheese

1 green onion, chopped (optional)

That’s all I had but you can add anything else you like- such as- spinach, bacon bits

Steps:

1. Set sauté pan on medium and spray with some nonstick spray

2. Lay flour tortilla in pan

3. Scatter pieces of deli meat and green onions (or other ingredients) on one half of the tortilla

4. Add shredded cheese on the same half as the deli meat

5. Fold the empty side of the tortilla on top of the “topping side”

6. Let cheese melt, turning the quesadilla over as needed so that both sides are equally brown

For salad- I doubt you need instructions J - I just added all kinds of veggies I had in the fridge- celery, carrots, green onions, and of course lettuce. Then I sprinkled some feta cheese I got on “manager special” for the perfect touch! It all tasted great and was filling! So now some relaxation and maybe some wine! I hope you enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment