Thursday, April 22, 2010

Vegetable Soup with Couscous


I know it's not weather appropriate. However, I had leftover couscous from the fish dinner on Wednesday, so I tried to use it. The couscous is nice switch up to using noodles, and maybe even better for you, not sure about that one though! Here's what you need:

Ingredients:
1. Couscous (I used all that I had leftover)
2. Chicken or vegetable broth
3. Vegetables (I cut up some baby carrots and threw in some extra broccoli and cauliflower)
4. Salt& Pepper

Steps:
1. Heat desired amount of broth to sauce pan.
2. Add vegetables and allow to boil, especially if you are using fresh vegetables. I used carrots, so those take a while to get cooked.
3. Add couscous and salt & pepper to taste. If you have an other soup spices or like to add a bouillon cube that always adds a little more taste.
4. Let simmer for 5 minutes to re-warm the couscous.

That's all! A super simple recipe again! :) Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment